Saturday, February 23, 2019

The ABC's of Me - Day 23: Violent Vanessa - Blister in the Upside Down Sun

Day 23 - V
Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
   AND
Vanessa - Upside Down

That's right!  I make the rules and V is getting TWO artists!!  This is the only time I couldn't tear myself away and just include ONE song! 
There is no other song that represents young Ryan better than "Blister in the Sun"!  Violent Femmes self-titled debut was thee album of my adolescence and to this day, is still one of the greatest albums of all-time.
There is no other song that represents the Ryan of today better than Vanessa's "Upside Down"!  A song that exemplifies POP to the highest degree and, as can be seen in this video, doesn't take itself too seriously.  Vanessa is one of my musical Goddesses.



No comments:

Post a Comment