Friday, February 1, 2019

The ABC's of Me - Day 1: The 6ths - Falling Out of Love (With You)

This February I present a special feature series that I've been concocting for the past 6 months or so.
Entitled "The ABC's of Me", every day of the month will be highlighted by a band who will represent each of the letters of the alphabet (and a number)!   While I did have to make a couple stretches to the rules I made for myself, I hope you enjoy and gain a little more insight into me as a person and as a music lover!  These songs are all very special to me.

Day 1 - Number
The 6ths - Falling Out of Love (With You)
Stephin Merritt will be the most present artist throughout this series, but that should come as no surprise given his rather prolific career and my deep love of his music.  His work with The 6ths is amazing.  He created two albums in which he invited some his favorite vocalists to sing songs of his creation.  Brilliant idea and brilliant results as evidenced by this perfect slice of POP featuring Dean Wareham.
This lyric has always been a standout for me:

They made sounds just like drums / 
I was young, you were dumb / 
Now you're older and I'm wiser /
We design synthesizers

No comments:

Post a Comment