Sunday, February 17, 2019

The ABC's of Me - Day 17: Pink Martini - Hang on Little Tomato

Day 17:  P
Pink Martini - Hang on Little Tomato

This is another song I found and adored during my night shift work years.  The night that this song struck its most powerful was after a break-up that, of course, felt like the end of the world.  When I worked at night, I was mostly alone, secluded in an office on a nearly abandoned floor.  I played this song on repeat that night for close to two hours.  The message of the song gave me some brightness that night and every time I hear it now, it continues to provide nothing but light.  While I have luckily not had many instances since then to need this song to fight the blues, I know exactly where I'll turn if that day arrives...




No comments:

Post a Comment