Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The ABC's of Me - Day 19: The Ronettes - Be My Baby

Day 19 - R
The Ronettes - Be My Baby

One of my fondest childhood memories was a road trip that Sissyboo Crystal and I took with Grandma Mae & Grandpa Ray up to Oregon.  For two weeks or so, we drove, we ate, we laughed (Crystal and I thought my Grandpa asking my Grandpa "You want a drag?" to be the funniest thing ever.)  We got to hang out on a farm, "camp" in a tent, pick fresh veggies, play with farm cats, eat amazing biscuits and just have an all-around awesome time.
It was a long trip and luckily Crys and I had an amazing cassette compilation of Oldies and a battery operated cassette player to get us through!  The compiliation had every imaginable song that your mind conjures up when you hear the word "oldie".    Probably one of the greatest songs ever, this one takes me back to that unforgettable and awesome trip with three of the most amazing people I have ever known.



No comments:

Post a Comment