Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Venus

Losing a loved one is the hardest thing in life.  Today, Rockyboo and I will set our beloved baby Venus free.  I will never forget the day we met.  My ex and I went looking to adopt a kitten and once I passed her cage, her little paw extended out as if to stop me and choose me.  Once out of her cage, she immediately proceeded to crawl atop my head and it was instant love.  We fortunately ended up with two kittens that day as tucked way behind her in the back of the cage (much the same as they always are now) was fluff-ball Friday.  We can all thank her Auntie Crystal for suggesting her amazing name, inspired by the greatest female tennis player EVER, Venus Williams.

Loved by all, and a lover to all, Venus has lit up my life for nearly 12 years.  The sweetest cat I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, words can barely express how much she will be missed.  Today, I'll share a song I've often sung to my baby girl when I get home and no one else is around but us and her brother Friday.  I'd like to think it's her favorite song.
Venus, we LOVE you and will miss you forever.


VENUS
The baddest synth-pop loving, keyboard kitty ever.
April 2005 - December 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment