Friday, December 16, 2016

2016 SONG of the YEAR: Bedrooms by Evripidis and his Tragedies

The first time I heard this song, I immediately knew it was special.  It was one of those tracks that begged an instant rewind/repeat.  I was already well immersed in Evripidis and His Tragedies' excellent "Futile Games in Space and Time" when, towards the end of the album, "Bedrooms" smacked me in the face.  This track is the complete package:  Amazing instrumentation (when the horn kicks in right after the 3:20 mark I completely melt), perfectly poetic lyrics about a lost love and the post-break-up reclusiveness to which anyone who has love & lost can relate, all bundled together into the perfect pop nugget.
2016 may be horrible for a lot of reasons, both globally and personally, but there is always joy to find in music.  This song, even through its rather sad lyrical content, brings me so much happiness EVERY time I hear it.  Evripidis, thank you, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment