Thursday, December 15, 2016

Songs of the Year 2016 - Part 7

THE TOP 11!!!

11.  Rainbow Chan - Work
      The second (and my favorite) Rainbow Chan song to make my year end list!  "You've got to work harder, you've got work harder for my love"...YES!!  Awesome lyrics and the need to awesomely dance!!



10.  Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
      This is the epitome of what a good POP! song should be.  So infectious!



9.  Ladyhawke - A Love Song
     Not only is this what a love song sounds like, it's also what an amazing POP! song sounds like!!



8.  Kristin Kontrol - X-Communicate
    This is POWERHOUSE POP!!!  That roaring chorus soars.  I love it!



7.  Lush - Out of Control
    Lush made an overdue and very welcome return to the stage this year and gave us one of the years BEST EPs.  Sad to see them vanish again so quickly but a huge thanks for giving us something great in 2016!



6.  Coco Morier - Dreamer
    "I don't care if I'm a dreamer"...a sentiment I've held close to my heart for years.



5.  Sally Shapiro - If You Ever Wanna Change Your Mind
     Sally Shapiro's last song.  Sad, but true.  Sad because this is pure pop perfection.  I'm just glad they gave us such an amazing going away present to cherish for years and years!!  Thank You Sally Shapiro for all the delicious POP you've given us!!



4.  Pet Shop Boys - The Pop Kids
     ANTHEM!!  I AM A POP KID!!!!  Quintessential PSB storytelling at its finest set to the greatest dance music makes for all my pop dreams coming true!!



3.  Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Never Ever 
    No more albums?!  It's OK!  Just give me more and more and more singles as amazing as the brilliant "Never Ever"!!  Susanne is the perfect vocal fit.  You know who else is the perfect vocal fit (I think you already know this)...Jonna Lee of iamamiwhoami!!  YES!!!!  Röyksopp, give us Jonna Lee vocals on that next amazing single...YESSSSSSSSS!!!



2.  David Bowie - Dollar Days
    2016 started off terribly.  We lost the great David Bowie.  There isn't a lot more one can say to express how much we'll miss him, but we can always remain thankful for the massive amount of art & beauty he created & shared with us.  "Blackstar" is a monumental final album and this is the track that always hits me most when I listen to it.  Lyrically striking and Bowie's delivery is just gut-wrenching.  Beauty.  Love.  



No comments:

Post a Comment