Saturday, July 4, 2020

The Tear Garden - My Top 10 - Part 1

I actually heard The Tear Garden before The Legendary Pink Dots early on during my freshman year of college, thanks to my friend Jessica.  "To Be an Angel Blind, the Crippled Soul Divide" was my first foray into their music and there are some super depressive moments on that album that were perfect for my 18 year old mind.  As I ventured deeper into their catalog, as well as quickly discovering The Pink Dots, I felt much more kinship and love for the band.  They created my favorite 16+ min track ever and is a song I still get lost in to this day.  They also have a track on one of my favorite personal playlists, "The Saddest Songs of All Time".  There is dark pop, there is synth pop, there is experimental (pop), there is gothic sadness.  Emotions abound within Ka-spel's always trippy and amazing lyrics. 

6.  You and Me and Rainbows



7.  Judgement Hour



8.  In Search of My Rose



9.  Ascension Day



10.  Made in China Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment