Saturday, July 25, 2020

Elysian Fields - My Top 10 - Part 1

BMG Music Service and the gorgeous face of Jennifer Charles.  That is who I can thank for my discovery of the amazing Elysian Fields back in 1998.  I saw the cover for their debut album "Bleed Your Cedar" and I was instantly pulled in and it was sent in my welcome box of 8 CDs along with Pulp and Echobelly and a few others I can't remember.  When playing the album, I was immediately drawn in by Jennifer's soulful, sultry voice.  It is a thing of great beauty and one of my favorite female voices in music.  Another thing of beauty, to see them live, which I have had the pleasure of doing a few times during the rare and far between LA appearances.  I will forever be grateful to have seen them with a string quartet years ago at Temple Bar.  MAGICAL, just like their music.  After the last time I saw them, Rockyboo and I even got to meet them, as they dragged us backstage after their show to throw merch at us.
They've continued making great albums and have a new one on the way in September!  My list is very "early" part of their catalog heavy, but that doesn't take away from the greatness they continue to put out today.

6.  Bend Your Mind



7.  Lady in the Lake



8.  Shooting Stars



9.  Never Mind That Now



10.  When



No comments:

Post a Comment