Saturday, June 27, 2020

Lush - My Top 10 - Part 1

Probably the final of the essential Brit Pop groups of yore to get my Top 10 treatment, I present Lush!  I didn't find them until high school when their album "Lovelife" gave us the poppiest side of the band and heavy radio play via "Ladykillers"!  In college, I focused my ears MUCH more on my favorite album of theirs, "Split", which was often the soundtrack to my writing and/or short-lived painting phase.  I even painted a piece entitled "Lovelife", which was painted during a "Desire Lines" on repeat marathon.  They had a brief reunion stint and fantastic new EP  a few years ago and I thankfully got to see them perform in both LA & NY!  One of those new tracks was even on the verge of making this list!  Thank you for the music Lush, and we won't mind another reunion! 


6.  Sweetness and Light



7.  Ladykillers



8.  For Love



9.  Kiss Chase



10.  When I Die

No comments:

Post a Comment