Saturday, June 13, 2020

iamamiwhoami - my top 10 - part 1

iamamiwhoami are celebrating their 10 year anniversary this year and being my most recent favorite band, they definitely need the Top 10 service!  They have released three audio-visual albums that I consider complete perfection and while I don't know if they will release another, I am happy to have these three masterpieces.  Jonna Lee has continued in solo artist form as ionnalee.  While she's put out some fantastic songs, her total output hasn't lived up to what she created as iamamiwhoami.  My synthpop heart goes BOOM every time I hear this music.  The anticipation for any new release/video was insane.  It took me back to a time of actually waiting eagerly for physical albums to be released and running to a record store to buy it; a thing that has waned in recent years.
Here is part 1 of my fave iamamiwhoami tracks (and how awesome is it that each of these has an actual video!!!)

6.  ; john



7.  shadowshow



8.  kill



9. goods



10.  hunting for pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment