Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Death and Vanilla

Hailing from my favourite musical country, Sweden (Malmö, more specifically), I give you Death and Vanilla. There isn't much info at all to be found on this group. I must say, the mystery suits the music well. They have a free "EP" available for download (provided below for your listening pleasure) and a pretty much blank myspace page. Their sound is hypnotic, druggy hazes of clouds & space and haunting mesmerizing magical puffs..."Ghosts in the Machine" is absolutely perfect. "Godspeed" is wonderfully creepy. "Run Rabbit Run" picks up the pace with a nice bass. "The Colour of Space" has a very Broadcast feel. All lovely, all recommended!


I discovered them through the rather ace BEKO Digital Single Label out of France, where Death and Vanilla has the proud honor of being beko_01! BEKO offers a new, free digital single EVERY Monday. There is some horrible stuff there, but also plenty of gems. Ask and I'll enlighten, or be like me: download the entire catalog and have fun with it! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment