Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Album of the Year - Evripidis and his Tragedies - Neos Kosmos

My final post of 2021 for my favorite album of 2021!  

Back in 2016, when "Bedrooms" was my Song of the Year, I knew Evripidis and His Tragedies was something special.  With his new album "Neos Kosmos", we find Evripidis firing on all my favorite cylinders!  From the indie-synthpop awesomeness of opener "Girlfriend" to the perfect indie pop collabs "Bitter" (feat. The Ballet!) & "Wild Reeds" (feat Max from The Smittens!) to the dreamier moments like "Nos volvimos a encontrar" and "The Back of His Neck", every track is a winner!  Also featuring some of the great tracks Evripidis gave us in 2020, "The Reason" (one of my top tracks of 2020!) and "Your Dreams", another great indie pop collab!  

While the pop is what pulls me in, what keeps me mesmerized and in love is the lyrics and storytelling.  Evripidis has a real gift with that and it holds me and lets me get lost every time.  Getting lost in an album is one of life's great pleasures and with "Neos Kosmos" I get just that!

And let's not forget the journey to actually own his fantastic album on vinyl (one of only a handful of physical records I purchased this year)!  This ended up being the record I've probably spent more on than any other record in my collection!  It took 3 trips to the States & two return trips to Spain before landing in my hands!  The album is too good, so it was all worth it in the end.

For the love of POP!, please give this album a listen.  You can thank me later!  

Happy New Year and much love to all in 2022!  


Neos Kosmos

Evripidis and His Tragedies

Neos Kosmos (2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment