Saturday, May 2, 2020

Cranes - My Top 10 - Part 1

I was definitely a few years late to the Cranes party but it doesn't matter how late you are as long as you get there!  It was my freshmen year of college and I was home for winter break.  My friends and I went to the Santa Monica Promenade and in the "alternative" section of Borders I proceeded to place the headphones on my ears and hit play on "Loved".  I'd never heard of Cranes but my body immediately began shadow dancing and swaying back and forth wildly.  I purchased "Loved" that day and by the end of that trip had acquired "Wings of Joy" and "Forever".  All classics in my eyes with some of the best gothy pop music around, well maybe not so poppy on "Wings of Joy", but still!  Alison's voice is a love it or hate it and I LOVE!  I wish they were still around, and hope they are secretly concocting a return with new music!

6.  Shining Road



7.  Wish



8.  To Be



9.  Driving in the Sun



10.  Adoration

No comments:

Post a Comment