Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best of 2010 - FILMS!

I figure I can venture out of the music realm just a little to post my TOP 10 films of 2010! I don't go to the movies much, so this is pretty limited, but all of these movies are sure winners!

10. "Black Swan"
I still don't necessarily get it or care much for the storyline, but it's shot extremely well and the performances are ace, especially the camp mastery of Winona!




9. "The Social Network"
Nice insight into the history of that demon who is a part of most of our daily lives. Plus a nice score by Mr Trent.




8. "Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt and the Magnetic Fields"
While I sorta hoped for more detail, this is still a lovely look at one of thee greatest musicians of all time...and now that we know he's in LA, let the stalking begin!




7. "Red"
Helen Mirren with a shotgun in the snow...Helen Mirren with a chain gun in a parking lot...Helen Mirren with a pistol in the kitchen...enough said. If Helen Mirren would have entered the movie sooner, this could have been movie of the year!




6. "Winnebago Man"
I'd never seen the youtube clips or heard of the Winnebago Man before seeing this at a free screening. It's a fantastic and very funny look into this man's life after Winnebago dumps him, he secludes himself in the wilderness and unbeknownst to him, becomes an internet star.




5. "Machete"
Really, it's just fun.




4. "TRON: Legacy"
Computers are scary! Nicely done, not cheesy like I expected. Daft Punk does a lovely job handling the music.




3. "Inception"
An extremely well-made, thought-provoking, beautifully-shot, well-acted mind-fuck.




2. "Burlesque"
While the acting is quite lacking, everything else just makes me want to Burlesque dance and be happy! Xtina gave me the chills a couple times with her vocals...the man guy is sexy...Cher is just Cherrific!! With an Xtina and Cher duet, this would be #1! "Soundtrack of the Year"!




1. "Rabbit Hole"
While Xtina gave me chills through song, the actors in Rabbit Hole sent even more chills and more often through their moving performances alone. No bells & whistles, just straight emotion and it's awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment