Friday, December 27, 2019

My Song of the Year 2019: Pixx - Disgrace

Disgrace by Pixx is a powerhouse of a track about her upbringing in a Catholic school.  While I can't relate based on personal experience, I feel everything that she's talking about in this track.  It resonates in many ways and drives a powerful punch!  I get excited every time I hear it.  I LOVE THIS SONG!!

In Pixx' own words about the song:
"This song is about growing up in an ultra-conservative Catholic school which was restrictive and oppressive.  I think this is a lack of humanity in the way the system works, rather than teaching empathy and kindness, it forces people into a dangerous self-loathing cycle.  This is an ode to anyone trapped in a place they feel they don't belong."

Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment