Sunday, September 21, 2014

Violent Femmes - I Held Her in My Arms

I did say there were two reasons for attending Riot Fest and here is No. 2:  VIOLENT FEMMES!!!  They're playing later today!  Violent Femmes were my favorite band from high school through much of college.  Their debut album is perfection still.  It has been over a decade since I last saw them live and it was magical then and every time before then.  Already knowing that they've been playing their essential debut album in its entirety sends shivers throughout my body.  There's one song from that album that I've never seen performed ("Please Do Not Go") and I am going to go gaga when it happens!
I don't know if they'll be playing this amazing song below but this is one of my all-time favourites and I will scream if they do!!!
I'm getting chills just typing this posting...EEEEEEEEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment