Sunday, August 31, 2014

Ooberman - SnakeDance

To continue my birthday weekend, I will tell the story of how this very blog Ooberus Oblivious came to receive its awesome name!  I call it:  The Birth of Ooberus Oblivious!!
As all in the know know, Ooberman is the greatest band of all time because they are my favourite band of all time.  Their album "Hey Petrunko" is my all time favourite album; one that lifts me out of this world...one that lifted me from a very sad time in my life...and one that to this day is the true essence of magic for me.
In the middle of the album lies the energetic "SnakeDance", a song that follows its narrator from adolescence through to an older, wiser age...and in it lies one of the most beautiful verses of music, a verse I hold so very true to my heart and one I try to live by daily...

"And now I'm older I am Ooberus Oblivious
I dedicate my soul to the eternal breeze
I spend my days chasing music through a keyhole
In love with somebody in an era of peace"

No comments:

Post a Comment