Monday, July 5, 2010

Paisley and Charlie

English duo Paisley and Charlie make such nice sophisticated pop music, very Saint Etienne if I do say so myself (and which I will likely get shot for saying, but whatever...lighten up people)! They have a more pop-pop bent with their original band Detox Cute & The Beauty Junkies but I must say I do quite prefer the smooth sounds of Paisley and Charlie. They have self-released two EPs already and both are gorgeous, "Bedsit Songs One" & "Bedsit Songs Two", which are both available for purchase directly from the band here

Here are a couple nice videos for you. 
First, "Stone Lions" takes me back to the early Saint Etienne videos...I especially love her hopscotch over those yummy vinyls! Scrumptious!


This second video weaves their song "My Secret Life" with a partial cover of Bronski Beat's "Smalltown Boy" together perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment