Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Burning Hearts - "Night Animal"

When members of two indie pop "powerhouses" (I use the term loosely here but in my eyes, they are superstars) converge to form their own side project, the results can often be magical. Such is the case with Finland's Burning Hearts which finds one member apiece from Le Futur Pompiste & Cats on Fire blending together perfectly. Their debut album "Aboa Sleeping" landed firmly in at #15 in my top albums of 2009 and this month they are releasing a new 7" single, "Night Animal", on Shelflife. I knew the song was gonna be good right from the get go, with a nice dreamy intro of keys & oohing, and once that simple drum & acoustic guitar beat kicks in at 30 seconds, I'm in indie pop heaven. The chorus just adds to the deliciousness as Jessika hooks us in with that sweet melody! 

You can download the A-side here. And of course, if you enjoy it, please support the music and buy it. I did! =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment