Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Cigarettes After Sex

It's been awhile since I've wanted to gush my lovebuckets out over an album, but today I must.
I discovered Cigarettes After Sex through another recent discovery of mine, Poppet, who shared their track "Apocalypse" last week.  I was immediately enamored.  As I began playing the whole album, the enamoring continued with each beautiful track after each beautiful track.  I'm not always a big "slowcore" (or "ambient pop" as they call it) fan, but there is greatness in this music that I cannot deny!!  There is a sameness to all the songs, and while that may bug many, for me it just keeps the beauty flowing seamlessly from track to track.  The vocal delivery, the harmonies, the kinky lyrics, the sweet lyrics...perfection.  This is the stuff of dreams.
They've been around for nearly a decade and this is their debut album.  I love it.  I highly recommend it.  Come float away with me as I share a few of my favorites (thought I could easily post the whole album):





No comments:

Post a Comment