Monday, January 18, 2016

David Bowie

It has been only a week since the devastating news hit of David Bowie's death and a day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought of him.  An incredible artist, creator and all-around magical being, Bowie seemed to touch a part in all of us.  We all experienced him differently, and we all found something unique and wonderful to love about him, his music, his art.  Thanks to a little nudging from RockyBoo, I am presenting some of my all-time favourite Bowie tracks, to honor a man I never knew, but always loved.

It is impossible for me to start with anything else for some reason.  Whenever I think of David Bowie, whenever I think of Labyrinth, I think of this song first.  I could watch this song/scene on loop for hours and never tire...



From another movie (one which I haven't fully seen), comes one of the greatest movie intros ever!!  Well, the movie didn't have the giant block lyrics blasting on screen, but maybe it should have!!



Old school David Bowie is fantastic and these are two of my faves!  Kudos to whoever created the WoW video for "The Laughing Gnome"...





"hours..." is one of my favorite Bowie albums.  This is one of my favorite Bowie songs...



Possibly the first Bowie song I ever heard, we'll just say it was and leave it at that...



Beautiful...



I will always love this song, my second fave from "hours..."



I find this a fitting finale for my post.  Gorgeous.



Thank you David Bowie.  I will love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment